Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What you won't read or see on Bella...

I write this blog because I love shopping at boutiques. I love the fact that they are women-owned (usually) and that they are small businesses-which means they have to put their customers first. I also love that they carry higher quality clothing that I won't see on every single person in Denver. But, I also know why they don't do better. Often boutiques are intimidating for women because you are not as likely to be the anonymous shopper browsing through the same ol' store (you could replace Gap, Old Navy, Macy's or Target here). Because they are local and small boutiques are more personal and as a shopper you have to get accustomed to that. Unfortunately as a society we have moved away from the mom and pop restaurant and the home town clothier. That said, I know that women will only enjoy boutiques if the people in the boutiques are personable and they seem like they can trust them to tell them that they might need a Spanx to go under this shirt.

Therefore, you will not read or see on Bella:
A. A Boutique in which I don't feel comfortable. If I go in to a Boutique and the salespeople-it doesn't have to be the owner-don't make me feel comfortable- you will not read about it on Bella no matter how much I like their brands, displays or their clothes.
B. If the clothes are so expensive that I won't even take a second look, then you won't read about it on Bella. I have a higher threshold than most for prices so if it sticker shocks me, it will sticker shock others for sure!
C. If the clothes are plain, shapeless and look like something I would buy at a department store then I am not going to review it on Bella.

I don't want to write about things that I don't like. I want to keep it positive! I skipped over a Boutique today because the clothes were blah and the sales lady was sort of distracted by a necklace and acted put out when I approached her and said hello. If I have to beg for a hello then I don't want to trust you to tell me that I should try on a different size or that I have picked two browns that don't really match.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boutiquer?

Want to add a review of your favorite Boutique? Maybe you own a Boutique and want to showcase it on Bella At The Boutique?

email: bellajade@gmail.com