Saturday, February 22, 2014

February Happiness Project

I decided that February my focus would be on relationships and my own personal commandments. I was going to force myself to sit down and write my commandments (which I have done and will share at a later day). Then, I would start some research on some of my more nagging relationship issues. The premise of the happiness project is that you cannot change someone else, you must only work on yourself.  I decided that I would act "as if"... I am going to act as if my relationship is absolutely perfect. The response was amazing.  I heard "I feel like we are doing so good and I am so happy" from my partner.  I guess one person becoming happy really does impact the other person.

The other thing I decided to do was to stop looking at the facebook page of someone who has been hurting me. I don't think it is intentional on this person's part, and it isn't even really directed at me, it's just a lack of consideration for my feelings that has got me upset.  This reminded me of a book I once read called "The Four Agreements." In the Four Agreements, one of the cornerstones is to not take anything personally. Things that people do towards you are not about you (good or bad), it's about them. 

I decided that this would be one of my own personal commandments.  I am going to live with as much integrity and love as I can and then if people hurt me or are disrespectful then it is about them and not about me. 

'til next time, live a bella life,
jadi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boutiquer?

Want to add a review of your favorite Boutique? Maybe you own a Boutique and want to showcase it on Bella At The Boutique?

email: bellajade@gmail.com