Thursday, February 6, 2014

Relationship Happiness

I am continuing to work on my January happiness project-making my house more comfortable and organized-but, I am also beginning February's project which is doing things (not expecting things from others) that make me happier in my relationship.

First, I am doing 20 second hugs. Daily.  I read an article that after 20 seconds of a hug, a dose of oxytocin is released in the brain.  That makes me happier.

So far, this part of my project is well-received.  The response from my partner was: "why do we have to limit it to 20 seconds?"

We have always done warm hellos and goodbyes.  I am still thinking about some more things to add to my relationship portion of my project.

Here is a link for an article about 20 second hugs:

http://www.tydknow.com/did-you-know-that-a-hug-that-lasts-for-20-seconds-releases-oxytocin-which-can-make/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boutiquer?

Want to add a review of your favorite Boutique? Maybe you own a Boutique and want to showcase it on Bella At The Boutique?

email: bellajade@gmail.com