Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Show 1: Lydia Loveless at Hi-Dive

My goal for my 36th trip around the earth is to see 26 shows. Lydia Loveless was my first April Show. I took my 12 year old daughter to a dive bar to see her.

My first impression-which started with the opening acts- is that the sound in this place is horrible.  It is so loud and lead guitar heavy.  You couldn't hear the vocals of any of the bands. I was a little frustrated with this because Lydia Loveless can really belt them out.

Then, Lydia came on stage-she is so small but she makes up for it in attitude. That chick is ROCK. She threw a Fender on the stage with a thug, she made a few jokes-called her lead guitar player a socialite and bitched about not being able to leave the stage between the set and the encore.

Her husband looks like a long haired Will-Ferrell.  Not kidding. But, he was also a rockstar. Probably one of the more talented bass players I have seen in a while. Can't say a "long" time because I saw Phish in the last year.

Anyway, great first show for my 36th trip around the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boutiquer?

Want to add a review of your favorite Boutique? Maybe you own a Boutique and want to showcase it on Bella At The Boutique?

email: bellajade@gmail.com